Hi Fellow Stitchers!
One of the most common interests singles 55+ have expressed is travel.
All the demographics confirm what we already know about ourselves. According to the US Travel Association, 36% of leisure travelers are 55+ (that’s us). According to AARP (June 2014 survey), 57% of us are planning a vacation in the next 12 months. Many of us are fortunate enough to have the time and resources to travel.
This is the first, of a regular column on Stitch, to answer your every question about travel. Think of me as your “Dear Abby” of travel.
Please email all those burning travel questions that have been on your mind.
- Where to go?
- How to pack?
- What to do about “Fido”?
- How can I always get TSA Pre Check?
- Do I need a Visa? Do I need to change currency?
Whatever travel question/problem you have, I’m here to offer an answer.
But uh oh, what if you are:
- Missing a travel companion?
- Don’t have a spouse or partner?
- Never traveled alone?
- Don’t want to travel with your kids and grandkids?
- Tired of being the 3rd or 5th wheel with friends?
- Can’t bear to be the only single person on a group tour, again?
Never fear Stitch is here. Don’t let these concerns keep you from ticking off all those wonderful travel destinations on your bucket list. Plans are in the making for exclusive travel experiences that are designed for singles 55+.
No matter what your travel style, there will be that special trip for you. And the best part is you will be able to socialize and travel with singles, just like you. People who want to see the world, have fun and share good times.
Here’s how you can help. Please share with me the trips on your personal wish list.
- Do you want to take an Alaskan cruise?
- Or would you rather a river cruise in France?
- Are you a foodie and want a wine and cooking trip to Tuscany?
- Have you always wanted to hike the Inca Trail?
- Is the Great Wall of China on your bucket list?
- What about the National Parks in the USA?
- The changing of the leaves in New England??
- New Orleans: Jazz and Cajun cooking??
- Down under: Australia, New Zealand, or an African Safari?
- Spend the night on a Junk in Vietnam?
- Perhaps a theater trip to Broadway, London or Ashland, OR?
- Golf at St. Andrews in Scotland?
- The Night Sky in Norway?
- Or just relax on a beautiful white sand beach?
I could go on and on.
More importantly, I want to know where you want to go. Your feedback will let Stitch plan the perfect trip for you.
I’m looking forward to answering your travel questions and learning about your dream vacations,
Please write your travel questions in the comment section below.
Sandy will choose one and answer it in her next blog this month!